A new restoration has gone back to the original 35mm camera negative, as well as other sources, to re-create the longer version. And the Film Forum, located in New York City, will screen the uncensored and unseen version of Beat the Devil, from Friday, Feb. 17, to Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017.
Beat the Devil will be shown on the following dates and times ~
- Friday, Feb. 17 – 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:40 pm, 7 pm, and 9:10 pm
- Saturday, Feb. 18 – 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:40 pm, 7 pm, and 9:10 pm
- Sunday, Feb. 19 – 2:10 pm, 6:40 pm, and 8:40 pm
- Monday, Feb. 20 – 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:40 pm, and 8:20 pm
- Tuesday, Feb. 21 – 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:40 pm, 7 pm, and 9:10 pm
- Wednesday, Feb. 22 – 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:40 pm, 7 pm, and 9:10 pm
- Thursday, Feb. 23 – 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:40 pm, 7 pm, and 9:10 pm
Tickets may be purchased at the Film Forum box office. Tickets may also be purchased on-line through the Film Forum website. Click the “Buy Tickets” button on the Beat the Devil page. On-line registration is required to purchase tickets through the venue’s website. More information on tickets is available on the Film Forum website.
The Film Forum is located at 209 West Houston Street, between 6th Avenue and Varick Street, in New York City, New York.
Parking, both metered and non-metered, is available on many of the streets close to the Film Forum. Parking on 6th Avenue, 7th Avenue, and Varick Street is metered.
The Film Forum is well-served by subway and bus lines. Directions to the theater, as well as parking and public transportation information, are available on the venue’s website.
The Lost One: A Life of Peter Lorre, Stephen D. Youngkin discusses the chaotic making of Beat the Devil, the fifth and final movie Peter made with his old pal, Humphrey Bogart. Working on location in Italy, the two pranksters welcomed celebrity visitors such as George Sanders to the set, played practical jokes on cast-mates, and enjoyed the ping-playing form of co-star Gina Lollabrigida.
The Lost One: A Life of Peter Lorre is available in soft-bound and hard-bound editions, as well as Kindle and Nook.
Purchase The Lost One: A Life of Peter Lorre from Amazon.