Evening performances both days will begin at 7:30 p.m. On the organ that originally accompanied silent movies, Jennifer Candea will play our national anthem, followed by a selection of lively tunes. The film begins at 8 p.m. with the Columbia studios cartoon “Willoughby’s Magic Hat”, originally shown in cinemas on Apr. 20, 1943. On Saturday, the matinee begins at 1:30 p.m. with organ music, followed by the film program at 2 p.m.
Pianists Chris Cavanaugh and Nancy Pennington will play songs in the lobby for an hour before each program.
All seats are $4.00. Tickets may be purchased at the box office one hour before show time.
Free lighted and supervised parking is available in two lots on the north side of the theater.
The Redford Theatre is located at 17360 Lahser Road, Detroit, in the Old Redford neighborhood. Originally opening on Jan. 27, 1928, the Redford Theatre has long been known as a neighborhood movie house and entertainment center, with a three-story grand foyer and a full-size stage. Very likely Arsenic and Old Lace played here on its original run in the early 1940s. . . .