On the schedule of classic Bogart films are three films co-starring Peter Lorre: The Maltese Falcon (1941), Casablanca (1942), and Beat the Devil (1954):
- Sept. 10, Fri. – The Maltese Falcon, 7 pm
- Sept. 11, Sat. – The Maltese Falcon, 3 pm
- Sept. 15, Wed. – The Maltese Falcon , 7 pm
- Sept. 20, Mon. – The Maltese Falcon, 9 pm
- Sept. 26, Sun. – Casablanca, 7 pm
- Sept. 27, Mon. – Beat the Devil, 7 pm, and Casablanca, 9 pm
- Sept. 28, Tues. – Casablanca, 9 pm
- Sept. 29, Wed. – Beat the Devil, 7 pm, and Casablanca, 9 pm
- Sept. 30, Thurs. – Casablanca, 7 pm, and Beat the Devil, 9 pm
Ticket prices are $11 for General Admission (after 6 pm, weekends and holidays), $8 for seniors and children. On Tuesdays, all seats are $8. Tickets may also be purchased on-line through the cinema’s website.
The Cinéma du Parc is located at 3575 Ave du Parc, in Montreal, Canada. For more information, please call (514) 281-1900.
Parking is available near the cinema. Enter the indoor parking structure through either Park Avenue or Jeanne-Mance Street. To get three hours’ parking for only $2, ask for your parking stub at the box office when you purchase your movie ticket.
Humphrey Bogart and Peter Lorre appeared in a total of five movies together. They began with The Maltese Falcon, continued with All Through the Night (1942), Casablanca, and Passage to Marseille (1944) all at Warner Bros., and ended with the independent film Beat the Devil, directed by John Huston, their director on Falcon.
In his book The Lost One: A Life of Peter Lorre, Stephen D. Youngkin details the many stories about the two actors’ antics and practical jokes both on- and off-set.
Peter counted Bogie as one of his two closest friends – the other being German playwright Bertolt Brecht – and they remained friends to Bogie’s passing in 1957.